Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Useless Philosophy

Damn.Its one of those moments again.
When reality makes love to you...and you’re left with a sense of waste,despondency and an overwhelming sense of nothingness inside you.Not something you bargained for.
But that’s exactly what happens sometimes is’nt it? When you manage to coax your subconscious into sneaking a peek at the world around you,for what it actually is,and not how you think it is,and not how you force yourself perpetually to believe it to be.Some might say these are moments of epiphany…I just think these are moments of life exposed to the hilt for what it truly stands for..nothing.We have this despicable habit of viewing things from an extremely parochial point of view..we see what we want to see..we believe what we want to believe. But the notes of reality are jarring enough to reshuffle our make-believe world.
I think i am digressing. I just heard of someone passing away recently…drug overdose.He was a student i think…an exceptional one at that.
The potential of his being reduced to nothing. He makes me realize the bubble of stupidity and pretence I have created around myself..the bubble of transitory dreams and desires….a great job,success in life..successful relationships.. a giant bubble…and a vulnerable one too.
Suddenly everything seems so naked…so real.
I look around myself and see my own reflection in the glass wall of farce around me.Its got a crack running right through the middle.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"When reality makes love to you..." love the line dude ...

a serious post .thats new .
bhalo bhalo chaliye jao

anindyo said...

i could relate to this post very much .... we must learn to question what we perceive as reality ... or that nice big bubble of hopes..dreams ...expectations we all have wont take long to burst. You expressed yourself very well .And nice original quotable quotes :-) Nice..